Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chapter 19: Youthful Indiscretions

Wyoming becomes a man. His mother is so proud.


Being the athletic type, Wyoming gets a job in professional sports. Being family oriented, he moves into his girlfriend Rosalie's house with her two elderly guardians and waits patiently for her to be old enough to marry him.


Shepard gets a call from the mysterious Beau Merrick demanding he come for a visit. Shepard's affais with both Lilly Bo and Marina have become a huge public scandal.Lilly Bo has refused to speak to him since. Since both girls are members of Beau's harem, he has a pretty good idea about what the alleged vampire wants to discuss. So Shepard is surprised by the first words out of his mouth.

"You have impregnated two of my females," Beau says in an odd monotone.

"Your 'females'? You talk about them like they're cattle!" The 'impregnation' part has not quite sunk in yet.

"Well, I do feed from them," Beau answers with a creepy grin.

"That's just, ugh," Shepard says, "Wait, they're pregnant? Both of them? Why didn't they tell me?"

"I'm telling you," Beau answers.

Shepard is currently running for city council. His campaign manager will pitch a fit when she finds out about this. "And you're sure they're mine?" Shepard asks, "I mean, they could be yours, couldn't they?"

The vampire shakes his head, "They carry human spawn, not mine."


"Things have always been tense between the females," the vampire continues, "And the fighting got worse when I impregnated Bianca and then married her. Now Lilly Bo and Marina are fighting about you, as well." Beau sighs deeply. Shepard can't muster any sympathy for him. "I can't have my child raised with their human spawn. I need you to claim these babies when they are born and raise them yourself."

"That's what you want; what do Lilly Bo and Marina want?" Shepard demands.

"Who cares? I'm not raising your human spawn in my house," Beau speaks his final words.

"I care," Shepard says, but Beau is already walking away, leaving Shepard alone with the women.


Shepard offers the visibly pregnant Lily Bo a massage. Though she's still angry at him, she's also very sore, and accepts. "I can get you out of here, Lilly Bo," Shepard says while he rubs her shoulders, "You don't have to give up your baby for that creep."

Lilly turns to face him. "I love 'that creep', and I'm disgusted by the thought of bearing your child. Don't try to weasel out of this, Shepard McDermott!"

"I'm not weaseling out of anything," Shepard protests, "I'll take the child, if that's what you want. But that guy is a creep, he treats you like cattle. You should seriously consider getting away from him."

"And you treated me any better?" she hisses. Shepard starts to argue his case, but drops it. It's obvious Lilly Bo has been blinded by love for Beau Merrick, and argument will get him no where.


Marina's turn come next. "I want out of here. It was bad enough before with all three of us fighting for attention, but now that he's raised that bitch Bianca above us all, it's insufferable. You are going to buy me a nice house, and make sure I get promoted. Do that and I won't sue you for sexual harassment."

Shepard wouldn't call their consensual sex sexual harassment, but she's his underling and she'd win any case she brought against him. And that's the last thing his campaign needs right now. So of course he agrees to her terms.

"And I think it would be better if you take the baby," Marina adds, "Having a child right now would be an extreme inconvenience, and you're so rich, you'd take better care of him."


Shepard calls his campaign manager from his car to explain the situation and let her come up with a plan.
"Way to shoot yourself in the foot," she sighs, but quickly bandages the wound, "We'll call it a youthful indiscretion and make the most of the fact that you are taking full responsibility for your misdeeds and raising the children yourself, that will play well with the family oriented vote."
Not wanting to go straight home and tell his parents they are to be expecting two new grandchildren, Shepard heads to the Red Rendevous for a few drinks first. The place is dead tonight, which is just as well, and the old bartender, who couldn't make a drink without dropping bottles and glasses on the floor, has been replaced by a new, more competent mixologist.


Shepard orders a Big Mistake. That seems like the most appropriate drink for his situation.


It's also a very strong drink, and Shepard finds himself spilling his sorrows to the new bartender. The only other customer she had tonight has left, so hasn't got much else to do besides listen to him.


Everything she does, even washing the glasses, she does with an indescribable beauty and grace. Shepard cannot take his eyes off her. Either he's very drunk, or in love.


"Dance with me," he says, trying to ure her out from behind the bar.

"I'm working here," she refuses with a laugh.

"I'm your only customer," Shepard observes, "And I'm not ordering anything. What's the harm in dancing a little."

"I'm not supposed to mingle with customers," she sighs.


After a bit more pestering, she finally joins him for a dance. As she does, the paparazzi that have dogged him since childhood arrive to get photos. But he's just dancing, nothing more salacious than that.

"Why are paparazzi following you?" the bartender asks.

"I'm running for city council," Shepard explains, "With the election so near, I'm big news."

"You're running for office, and you've got two bastard kids by two different others on the way?" she laughs.

"Yeah," Shepard sighs, "But my poll numbers are really high. I have an excellent campaign staff."


Shepard wants to kiss her, but he doesn't dare try that in front of the paparazzi's camera. "What's your name?" he asks.

"Anne. Anne Navarro."

"Shepard McDermott," he introduces himself, "Will you be here tomorrow?"

"If I don't get fired for dancing with the customers, yeah," she answers.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then," Shepard says, and goes home to tell his parents about their coming grandparenthood before they read it in the morning news.


Shepard returns to the Red Rendevous the next day after work as promised, and immediately starts to chat Anne up. But he gets no further than asking her sign (she's a Gemini) before Lilly Bo walks in. Awkward.


"Let me guess, one of your baby's mommas?" Anne quips. Lilly Bo gives him a hard stare.


"Better watch your back, Shepard," Anne warns as she makes her way back behind the bar, "Or you'll find a dart stuck in it."


Shepard didn't want to be a father so suddenly, but it's happening, so he tries to do what he thinks his father would do.


Anne is conspicuously not staring at Shepard.


Shepard is at work when Liily Bo's baby is born, so Ewan goes to the hospital to claim his new granddaughter. Her name is Oregon.

Challenge Notes:
Roll for Generation 6 is couple with 2 children, primary income as Stylist, secondary part time job. The generation goal will be party to remember and the misc fun is half siblings. So, adultery or serial monogamy, lol.
So, I updated my story progression and suddenly the old bartender, who really did drop something every time he made a drink, got replaced. Don't know if that's related to the update in SP, but Anne is a very competent mixologist.
Of course she was vanilla when she spawned, but I edited her in CAS, giving her the face of a clone of one of my born in game Sims from Sunset Valley. The Sim she was cloned from was actually an ancestor of Shepard's (squick!). She was Heidi Goth, who was Raphael Goth's mother. In my old legacy, Rapheal Goth's son Francesco married my gen 5 heir Rain McDermott. They were Risk McDermott's parents. And Risk of course was cloned and made the founder of this legacy.
Wyoming did marry Rosalie immediately after she aged up. I gave Family Oriented as his adult trait.
Since I didn't mention it last time, Shepard's traits are Brave, Excitable, Schmoozer, Party Animal and Flirty.
I'm not moving in the mothers of Shepard's children, I'm just using master controller to add the babies to the household when they are born. That means I don't get to pick their first traits. Oregon is Excitable and Virtuoso. I like those, as they run in this family.
I rolled the first child as heir, so Oregon is the heir.

No comments:

Post a Comment