Friday, January 14, 2011

Chapter 11: Haunting

Lionel is dead, but he still likes playing with toys and is still convinced that the Yeti are the master race.


Connor tells Allyson about being woken up by a ghost over breakfast.
"Yeah, that's our grandfather, Lionel," Allyson tells him, "He died before you were adopted. And he's not the only ghost, I ran into my great-grandfather Risk the other day."
Connor is glad he'll be moving out of this house once he comes of age.


Misty had been pushing Connor heavily toward dating one of the Gentilleschi girls, but Connor is more interested in Sherry Inkbeard. He loves the way she drapes a braid across her enormous forehead. It makes the largeness of it look both more and less conspicuous at the same time, like some kind of hair magic.


He's stoked to discover she's a Libra, because he's totally compatible with that. That makes everything easier, and after just a little flirting she agrees to go steady with him.


Roslyn has decided to go after Juston Moseley, even though he's dating Deena Gentilleschi. Well, he was dating Deena until she caught him flirting with Roslyn. Now Roslyn has claimed the only teen male in town who isn't one of her cousins for herself.


Allyson prepares for her future career as an actress by impersonating celebrities for her boyfriend Ewan.


Being woken up by ghosts has become all too common in this house.


Shadow has a talk with his father's ghost about his behavior.
"You can't be going into the girls' bedrooms at night. It's just creepy, Dad."
Shadow has won every trophy, award and paranormal memento his career has to offer, and has collected every kind of spirit, all of which he proudly displays in the hallway.


He's donated a lot of spirits to the science institute for research without knowing exactly what they were doing with them. Finally, Shadow asked his brother Pink, who is a scientist himself, after all, and Pink told him. So Shadow bought the necessary equipment to do a little research of his own.


Combining eight spirits produces an urn. Kind of a let down really. Not knowing what else to do with it, Shadow leaves the urn in the basement.


With kids to raise and his late night career, Shadow and Misty haven't been out dancing in ages. But the kids are teens now and they aren't getting any younger, so the couple heads out to one of their former haunts to get down.


Nope, not getting any younger at all.


It's Allyson's birthday at last.


Allyson decides to go for an old Hollywood glamour look.


Her twin, Roslyn, wants to be a rockstar. And she's so getting out of this haunted house. With her family's huge bank account, she buys herself an expensive new house and moves out immediately.


Allyson invites Ewan over early in the morning to discuss their future wedding plans.
"Why are you dressed like that?" she asks when she sees him.
"I'm heading out for China tomorrow," he explains, "I have tombs to explore". He still wants to marry Allyson, but they'll either have to wait for a big wedding party, or have a private wedding now, before he flies out of town.


Though she'd like to have a big formal party, Allyson opts for the immediate wedding and the couple exchange rings.


No one asked Shadow if the new guy could move in.


She's not getting a big wedding or a honeymoon and she and Ewan have only one day to spend as newlyweds before he takes off for China, and how does he spend that day? With his nose in a book.
"I need to study this manual," he explains, "I'll have to be able to disarm traps in the tombs."


"My Dad is like best friends with the Grim Reaper," Allyson tells her husband, "He's practically family. So I'm sure he wouldn't let you die from some stupid trap."
Despite her assurances, Ewan keeps studying his handiness manual.


Finally, after finishing his book and tinkering with the bathroom sink, Ewan is ready for their wedding night.

Challenge Notes: Now we're officially on to generation 4. Allyson and Ewan will have 2 kids. She's going into the acting branch of the film career, and he's an adventurer. They rolled Perfect Children and No Strangers. No Strangers is always easy for me because I almost never use services, anyway. Perfect Children is always a pain, but I've done it before, so I'm not worried.
Allyson's LTW is to reach the top of the acting career. I was going to give her super popular, but she actually already has 20 friends, so she'd get it instantly if I gave it to her.
Ewan's is to be a Great Explorer (to explore 6 tombs in all 3 WA worlds.)
Allyson's traits are Virtuoso, Friendly, Snob, Charismatic and Dramatic.
Ewan's are Adventurous, Athletic, Excitable, Bookworm and Handy.
Roslyn's are Virtuoso, Great Kisser, Schmoozer, Party Animal, and one I forget. Her LTW is to be a rock star.

Shadow has achieved his LTW (max guitar and charisma). His brothers have both also achieved theirs.
Connor has also grown up (no photo yet) and will be moving out in the morning. His LTW is to reach the top of athletic career. He's sporty like that.

As my neighborhood is currently without celebrities, I had been considering giving celebrity points to Sims who had high levels in the celebrity type careers, like film, music and sports now that I have a Sim in a celebrity type career. But I have discovered none of my neighbors are very high in any of those careers. Since I'm not too keen on celebrities and how that works, I might just go on playing without them.

5 comments:

  1. I'd heard about the spirits thing, but the concept weirds me out because I suspect it randomly generates a ghost. And as we know, ghosts come from sims! So I don't know what the deal is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I believe it is supposed to generate a ghost. The urn says it is Jiao Park, but I haven't seen Jiao come out yet.
    I figured a new, non-related ghost might come in handy in the future, but for now it is a forgotten urn in the basement that no one but Shadow knows about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps Jaio has the shy trait. ;)

    I had a similar idea about all the Egyptian urns and a sarcophagus I had Jazz assemble, but everyone in the house wanted to autonomously sleep in the sarcophagus so I got rid of it. Which was sad, because it was an awesome decoration piece, where I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found your blog through MTS (I'm Miss Puff there) and just finished reading through your entire story from the beginning - including the old blog before the error-12s. I love the personalities you give all your sims, it makes them so unique and interesting to read about! You've inspired me to try my own random legacy, I'll post it at MTS soon. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I looking forward to seeing your legacy.

    ReplyDelete